search your holiday :

Cheap family holiday car hire from Holiday Autos

Purchase Travel Guides on France from

Useful French Phrases for your family holiday

Family water fun at Le Lac des Reves
brittany normandy paris and loire valley vendée Charente maritime aquitaine languedoc cote d'azur

important documentation

Before going on holiday, please read this section to ensure you are aware of the relevant documentation you should take with you on holiday.

personal insurance

It is essential to be properly insured when on holiday and with this in mind we have arranged a suitable policy which we recommend to all travellers. If you did not purchase our insurance policy at the time of booking your holiday with us, you can still arrange this by calling 0871 911 8888. 

If you decide to make your own arrangements, make sure you have at least the minimum cover for medical expenses, theft and losses abroad. National Health treatment is not available outside the UK, but in certain circumstances you can get free or reduced-cost treatment within the European Union on production of a validated form E111, available from main post offices.  If you do have your own travel insurance, please do give us information about this, we would ideally need name of the insurer, the policy number and their emergency assistance telephone number, you can tell us by calling 0871 911 8888. 

driving licence and idp

You must always carry your full UK driving licence, and we advise other qualified drivers to take their licences in case of an emergency. The AA or the RAC will advise on the procedure for personal or postal applications you don't have to be a member.

please note : Breathalysers - the French government confirmed that from 1 July 2012 drivers of all motor vehicles and motorcycles must carry a breathalyser. Visit

vehicle insurance

Before you take your car abroad you should inform your insurers, who will provide a Green Card which will extend your full home cover while you are away. Any boats or trailers you take on holiday must also be included on the Green Card and may need separate insurance. Please ensure that you have informed our Reservations Staff of these as the ferry operators need to know in advance.

vehicle registration document

You must take the vehicle registration document or a temporary certificate of registration (V379), which is available from your local Vehicle Registration Office.

breakdown insurance

Check that your existing breakdown insurance covers driving in Europe. If it does not, then temporary cover can be arranged by calling 0871 911 8888. However, you must take this cover out at least 10 days before you leave the UK.

company/hired cars

If you are borrowing a car or drive a company car, you must take the vehicle registration document and written authority from the owner. If you have hired or leased a vehicle, get hold of form VE103A (available from the AA).


EU citizens may use their boats in all EU countries. All boats taken abroad by road should be registered in the UK, except for very small craft to be used close inshore in France; however, registration for these is still recommended. An International Certificate of Competence (ICC) and/or Coastal Skipper Certificate is required or recommended by all countries featured in this guide.

book your holiday with confidence
Siblu Europe Limited, 6 St Andrew Street 5th Floor London EC4A 3AE United Kingdom
VAT no. GB 852 825020 © siblu 2010. Siblu Europe Ltd is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the FCA (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.

* Calls will be charged at 10p per minute based on standard UK land lines, calls from other networks and mobiles may vary.