Information about COVID-19
UPDATE: Friday 14th August 2020
Since July 12th, we’ve been welcoming holidaymakers from the UK to our parks in France and the Netherlands. Sadly however, new government rules, which will come into force from Saturday 15th August, mean that those entering the UK from France and the Netherlands will now have to self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
- I have booked with Siblu for 2020 but I am not longer able to come on holiday, what should I do?
We understand that this change in rules might mean that you no longer want to join us this year. If that is the case, you are entitled to cancel now and to receive a holiday voucher equivalent to the amount you paid and valid for the next 18 months which will allow you to take your Siblu holiday in 2021 instead.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR VOUCHER: To cancel your holiday and claim your voucher please contact us either by email on email@example.com or by giving us a ring on 0208 610 0186 (from 8 am to 6 pm on weekdays and from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays) with details of your booking. You can expect to receive your voucher within a maximum of 7 working days.
For any travel arrangements, such as flights, ferry travel or car hire, you will need to speak directly to the service provider you made the booking with. They will have their own policy in regards to how they manage these claims.
- What else can I do to keep updated?
Here are some useful links to keep coming back to. We particularly recommend you keep up to date with the latest FCO and ABTA travel advice.
- You can see an English translation of the latest measures put in place by the French government here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19
- You can see the FCO's (Foreign & Commonwealth Office) latest travel advice for France here, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france and for the Netherlands here, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands. These pages are regularly updated.
- Siblu is a a member of ABTA, you can read their updated travel advice here, https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak
- What steps are Siblu taking to keep holidaymakers safe on-park?
Your health and safety remains our top priority. We’ve been working hard to put in place a range of safety measures, including new cleaning procedures for your mobile home, a contactless check in process, and socially-distanced entertainment.
Note on masks:We strongly recommend that you bring face masks with you to France. Wearing masks is currently mandatory in shops, bars, restaurants, on public transport and in any situation where you are unable to maintain a one metre distance from others. Children over the age of 11 will also need to bring a mask with them in order to participate in our Siblu kids' clubs.
Thank you for your patience and your trust in Siblu. Our teams have missed having you here, and we look forward to welcoming you at your favourite Siblu park as soon as it's possible for you to get here...
Director of Marketing and Communication at Siblu