Your data protection rights
- The right of access
You can ask Siblu to confirm whether they are holding information concerning you and to communicate this data to you in its entirety.
- The right to rectification
You can request the rectification of inaccurate information concerning you. The right to rectification may be used in conjunction with the right of access.
- The right to object
You can object, for legitimate reasons, to appearing in Siblu’s files.
Apart from in cases of commercial prospection, in which case you can object without giving a reason, Siblu reserves the right to refuse your request if:
- There are overriding legitimate grounds for processing the data or it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- You have consented to this use of your data, in which case you should withdraw your consent rather than objecting.
- A contract binds you to Siblu
- Siblu has a legal obligation to process your data
In particular you can object to the dissemination, transfer or storage of data which concerns you.
- The right to data portability of personal data
You can receive your data from Siblu in a machine-readable format. This portability allows you to store your data elsewhere or to transfer it to be used for other purposes.
- The right to erasure of data
You can request that Siblu erase your data if one of the following situations applies to you:
- Your data is being used for prospection purposes
- The data is no longer necessary for that which it was initially collected or processed for. In other words, if you no longer wish to benefit from Siblu’s services you can request the erasure of the associated data.
- You are withdrawing your consent for the use of your data
- Your data has been handled unlawfully (for example, publication of pirated data)
- Your data was collected through our websites when you were a minor
- Your data must be erased to comply with legal obligations
- You are objecting to the use of your data and Siblu does not have an overriding legitimate reason not to follow through with this request
This request to exercise the right to data erasure may nonetheless be rejected by Siblu in case of:
- Complying with legal obligations. For example, invoices must be kept for duration of ten years.
- In case of establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Right to the restriction of processing
The right to the restriction of your data complements your other rights (rectification, objection…). If you contest the accuracy of the data used by Siblu or you object to the processing of your data, Siblu can proceed to verification or examination of your request within a maximum delay of 30 days. During this time period, you can ask Siblu to freeze the use of your data.
Once your data is ‘frozen’ it can only be used in the following cases:
- With your agreement
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- To protect the rights of another natural or legal person
- If there is significant grounds for (Union or Member State) public interest.
Conversely, you can directly request the restriction of certain data in the event that Siblu wishes to erase it. This allows you to conserve the data, for example in order to exercise one of your rights.This right only applies if your data is processed in in an automated manner with your prior consent or following the conclusion of a contract with you.
Implementing these rights
Requests for the implementation of these rights should be submitted directly by email to the following address email@example.com or in writing to the Siblu France main office situated at: EUROPARC -10 avenue Léonard de Vinci, 33600 PESSAC – France, accompanied by a proof of identity.
You can also make a claim to the French National Data Protection Commission (la Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) the main office of which is situated at 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07. Telephone: (+33)1 53 73 22 22.
For a more detailed understanding of your rights, you can consult the following link: https://www.cnil.fr/en/home.
For any further information you can contact Siblu’s Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.